Monday, April 2, 2007

Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand, In That Order

Can the West Indies or England replace any one of these teams to get into the semi-finals?
West Indies has already failed against Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. I don't believe they have a chance against South Africa either. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, hosts are toast. A pretty low key farewell to Lara is on the cards. Mark your calendars. Saturday April 21st 2007. They may also get a consolation victory against the Brits.
I predict England is on its way out as well. Will know for sure in a week.

That leaves us with the questions of ranking. I believe the SL Vs NZ game on the 12th of April will decide that for us. I predict SL will win and take on SA for the semi and NZ will have to face Aus for the other semi final. From that point on, I predict it could go any way. Bond and Murali can take a game away and SA and Aus, may enter the semis as facorites, but from my side, all bets are off.

It will be a pretty bland set out outcomes of Aus beats SA in the final. The games themselves may end up pretty thrilling. I am rooting for some ups and downs, not just through the course of the games, but in the results as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.